Kitchen Chronicles : Sinabawang Gulay

Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Hey, everyone! I’ve been on a roll both here and on Youtube and I decided to also start cooking again. Damn, quitting smoking seems to have kicked in something really good for me. I hope this lasts though cause I get days where I really just want a puff. Hope this goes away soon. Anyway, today I’ll be sharing a go-to recipe I usually do whenever I feel home sick—like literally missing home and also getting sick lol. I used to hate vegetables but when my Mom started making me this dish, I don’t know, for some reason I didn’t hate vegetables anymore. All of these ingredients you can find in your friendly neighborhood palengke if not in the grocery so let’s get started!


Ingredients
Squash
Squash Flowers
Okra
Garlic
Ginger
Onions
Bagoong Isda
Salt and Pepper to taste

Procedure
1. Saute garlic, onion and ginger until fragrant then put one cup of water.
2. Add the squash and simmer until they have softened midway to your liking.
3. Add the okra and simmer until soft. At this point you can start with 1-2 tablespoons of Bagoong isda. Add salt and pepper and adjust accordingly.
4. Add the squash flowers after the okra has softened, and simmer for 2 more minutes then it’s ready to serve!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget