Food Diary : Genki Sushi

Thursday, September 06, 2018

Tell me if you're getting sick of all the Japanese food I'm posting in here. Haha I just realized most of the things on my food diary are all Japanese, if not seafood lol. I promise you I'm trying to make the content as diverse as possible by planning where to eat out next. But for today, I can't and won't promise this will be the last but I'm sharing yet another go-to restaurant when I'm craving for Japanese food. 

Genki Sushi is a chain of conveyor belt sushi restaurants established in 1990 in Japan. The chain expanded to include locations in Japan, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, Kuwait, the Philippines, China, Australia, Cambodia, Myanmar and the United States, including, California, Hawaii and Washington. (via)
Place
The location that I frequent to is the one over at Ayala Malls the 30th. The closest to me though is the newly opened branch in Megamall but we all know how parking is a nightmare in Mega. I also love the 30th's ambiance since there aren't a lot of people and the branch isn't always full. Parking is also always available at the mall. One of the things I love about Genki is the ordering system. It isn't like the conveyor belt sushi places in Japan where food just keeps on coming and all you need to do is get your desired dish. In Genki, you can use a tablet to place your order and in a few minutes you can expect the cutie patootie train to deliver your order. 

Some dishes aren't delivered through the train because 1.) they're either too big and actually does't fit the train 2.) the dish has soup and being transported via the train can cause the soup to spill. In this case, the waiter delivers your order. 

Food
Ahhh, where do I start. Okay so while waiting for your order, you can make your own green tea. On the table you'll have matcha powder and a faucet of hot water, amazing. I also love this part. The tea isn't overwhelming and that's coming from someone who doesn't like Matcha. You can also start preparing your soy sauce. On the side of the table, they also have pickled radish available at your disposal.

And noooow, on to the Sushi and Sashimi! So obviously, I've been here several times. But during this visit, here's what we ordered : Salmon Roll (P90), Miso Soup (P90), Salmon Belly (P90), Norwegian Fresh Salmon (P90), Salmon Roe Gunkan (P280), Chuka Wakame (P140) and Gyudon (P280). Lol don't judge me, I love Salmon! Of course everything was good but of all the things I've tasted here, my top favorites would probably be Salmon Belly and Salmoe Roe Gunkan! The Salmon Belly because, while it isn't the best Salmon that I've tasted, it comes close to the best one I've tasted in the past. And for the price, I'm not complaining! As for the Salmon Roe Gunkan on the other hand, this is the only place I've had it because other restaurants are sooo pricey! But my first time was an amazing experience. When people told me it's salty but creamy, I couldn't quite figure out what they meant until I had my first bite. If you want to know how that actually tastes like, Genki Sushi would be an awesome starter!
Sorry about the quality of the photos, I'm always excited to eat when I'm here which is why I rush the process of taking photos, lol. Oh, and I also made a short video about my recent visit so you can picture how excited I get when I eat there. Haha! Enjoy the video!

GENKI SUSHI
Budget : P300-500/person
Monday - Sunday  |  11AM - 9PM
Lower Ground Floor, Ayala Malls The 30th, Meralco Avenue, Ugong, Pasig City
Genki Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget