#IAmUrbanBrave

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

When I first moved to Manila some xx years ago, I didn't have any idea what was in store for me. I just moved out of my parents' house, I was about to take on my first ~real~ corporate job, I was venturing out ALONE. Wondering the streets of the metro on my first few days, I was scared and clueless. I took a cab everywhere I go using the money I borrowed from my Mom; which, I eventually had to pay with my whole month's pay check. It's safe to say I wasn't ready. Urban living may seem like a dream to someone who's never set foot in the city and it is--given the right guidance and gear of course!

Whenever I look back at that moment, I always get a flashback why I decided to name my blog Ochi in the City. In my head I was saying, it doesn't have a name recall nor will people remember it, but it embodies who I am and what this blog stands for--it's a representation of my adventures and misadventures in the city. If you ever find yourself lost and alone in this concrete jungle, my ultimate goal as a blogger is for you to find refuge in my blog and never feel that you're alone in this city. If you're patient enough, you will also see posts documenting how I got my work requirements, how I got from point a to b via bus, jeep, etc. 

Fast forward to a few years after, I find myself hustling and bustling the busy streets of Manila seamlessly. I may not have familiarized myself with every nook and cranny, but I sure have equipped myself with the right amount of street smarts to get through every waking day alive. And with that, I want to share my must-have items from #Urbanized that keep my lifestyle going as I brave through every weekday and weekend in the city!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget