Friday's 10 Happy Things | 4Saturday, December 12, 2015
I've been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't really had the time to do my 10 Happy Things. I've been heavily relying on queued posts that work any time of the day, or any day of the week, for that matter. This week, I decided to take a breather and look at the things that have been making me feel happy and content. The holiday rush and traffic might be terrible, but I still have a ton of things to be thankful for.
- Spending the remaining weekends of my 2015 with the boyfriend. We've been to a Japanese Cafe + Bistro and a garden cafe that is not Sonya's! It's unknown to a lot of people so I'm keeping it as a secret in the meantime. It's our little safe haven. ♥
- I'm halfway done with my Christmas shopping! I know I shouldn't be happy about this, but this is already an improvement from last year. So, yay! Traffic is horrendous and the lines are ridiculous, but at least I only have a few more items to buy for next week.
- I just had my last class for the year! This is bittersweet because it marks the end of such a wonderful year of learning, and it's also the start of a new chapter of my Engineers' corporate lives!
- My class' passing rate is still at 100%! I'd like to believe this is a collaborative effort between our recruitment team and my awesome teaching skills LOL. Having learners who have this awesome thirst for learning is priceless.
- I'm on leave for 2 weeks! I've been overloaded with work for the past few days, but only because I've been doing two weeks worth of work on top of my current deliverables. I will catch up on sleep and food when I get home!
- Finding my blog's niche. I've been looking at my old posts from 2009 and I can't fathom the cringe-worthy posts I managed to publish back then. I always wondered why I didn't have a steady set of followers until I read my old posts--and reverted them to draft LOL.
- Getting my first paid gig! I've been doing sponsored posts on this blog for the longest time but I always do it pro bono. A blogger friend helped me monetize this blog. It's not much but it's a start!
- Creating my first PO! Since I've already landed my first paid gig, I also created my first PO. I was clueless at first but thank God for awesome online friends (you know who you are), for guiding me all throughout! Couldn't be more grateful!
- I bought a Matte nail polish! Well, technically it's a top coat. I've been dying to get my hands on a black matte polish but it's just too pricey. I love pampering myself but I won't spend 400 bucks for a freaking nail polish. I got my Matte top coat for P100!
- Thank you Uber and GrabCar. With the holiday rush and traffic, I'm extremely grateful that we now have these apps to help us book a ride. I've been seeing a lot of incidents involving taxi drivers being too picky with their passengers or asking for more money in exchange of taking the passenger to their destination. Ever since I started using Uber last November, I always have peace of mind once I get in the car. Of course it's not perfect as they have surge and rush hour pricing; but with the current status of public transportation in the country, I don't mind. Just a side note though; this is not the answer. We need a better government, of course.