Growing Old Is Getting Old

Thursday, April 30, 2015

As I grow old, I realize my yearning for material things has diminished to a considerable capacity. I used to have a ton of things on my birthday wishlist, but now, I really can only think of the necessary ones. Of course I still have a few wants every now and then, but not like how I crave for stability, financial freedom and emotional independence. Oh wow, where did all that come from, lol. I initially wanted to celebrate my birthday at the beach but work is hectic as hell because of a pilot project I'm currently working on, so I'd have to make do with spontaneous plans and cheap thrills. 

As I grow older, I also realize that celebrating my birthday becomes less of a big deal. I used to go frantic over not being to celebrate a week before AND after the big day, but that's not the case now. I can plan a grandiose getaway and not push through with it, and that will be okay. Just like what happened this year. Every year, I think I mature little by little. Slowly, I'm learning that just like love, there's no one way or one day to celebrate life--and love for that matter. As a matter of fact a couple of weeks ago, I decided I didn't want to celebrate, but someone told me that being able to live another year is a reason to celebrate in itself, hence my little celebration on Monday. You can drop by my house if you want, we're going Korean for dinner! If you don't know my address that  means we're not THAT close, so you're not invited, lol!


Instax Camera

I've always been amazed by printed photographs whether it be a Polaroid or from a classic Film camera. With the evolution of digital technology nowadays, all we get are a lot of digital photos easily available online but not on print. Plus, I've always wanted one! The only downside I see is the photo paper because it's quite pricey. But I want one anyway, lol. Category : WANT. 

Bluetooth Speakers

For three years I've been using the same pair of speakers I got from a Christmas party. It has been acting up recently hence the arising need to get a new one. Why Bluetooth you say? For convenience. I don't like wires. I hate wires. I loathe tangled wires. Having a pair of these babies will give me the convenience to play my music anywhere without the inconvenience of untangling stupid wires, yay! Category : NEED. 

Doc Martens Boots

Well, I've always wanted one for the longest time. I don't care if it's summer and it's hot as hell, I still want need a pair! With the heat, I'm also looking forward to rainy days where they'll be most useful. I don't like getting wet (lol, that didn't sound right.) when it rains. Category : WANT. NEED. WANT.

Tote Bag

I just felt sad that I initially only had three  tangible things I want for my birthday. So I thought, why not add a bag since I haven't bought one this year? It's also difficult to find a cute image for stability, financial freedom and emotional independence, sooooo, I settled for the bag instead. Category : WANT.

Yay, there you have it. I hope you still plan to give me stuff even if I mentioned that I'm now after the things that money can't buy. Because even if I admit it or not, gifts are gifts and they're fun! Surprises too! I'm not saying surprise me with gifts that aren't on this list but you think I'll like anyway, lol. But if you feel like doing so, why not? Hahaha! I also love flowers, btw! I was supposed to say happy hump day until I realized that it's already Thursday! Time flies real fast when you're not in a hurry to get old, haha! Labor day weekend, bitches! Let's do this!

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Advance, Ms Ochi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy luv! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to meet you in class! This is a nice post, Madame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Yonathan! Nice to meet you too. See you on Tech-U!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The only reason I ask is because ngayon lang sya nagka-appearance sa blog mo, and I know this is not your friend from College, lels. I religiously follow you online in a not-so-creepy way naman.

      Delete
    2. Please don't be creeped out. I'm asking in a non-threatening way. *cracks knuckles*

      Delete

Subscribe

SnapWidget