Five Faves : 5 Things I Can't Live WithoutTuesday, September 23, 2014
I got an email from Man Crates a few days ago asking me if I was willing to create a post on my do or die essentials, or simply put, the things that I can't live without. Things would've been easy If I had an empty bag I can stuff with things, the catch is, I can only have 5 things with me. I know this is hypothetical and all, but guys, I take shit like this seriously. Mancrates, why did you have to torture me like that? UGH. If you're wondering, by the way, Mancrates is a company that builds gifts for men wrapped in awesome crates--and they come with crow bars, too! I bet it couldn't get more manly than that.
I also decided to work on a new category for the blog--Five Faves. Since Man Crates only asked for 5 things, I thought, this would be perfect to kick off the new category. I picked the top 5 essentials that popped right on top of my head when I read the question. So please, don't judge. Well, it's a blog for crying out loud so judge all you want. I can block your comment anyway, loljk! Here's my list!
1. Coffee - I start and end my day with coffee. It can be my usual Starbucks or 3-in-1 coffee, it doesn't matter as long as it has caffeine. Sometimes I wonder if caffeine has taken over my body and this is just me on auto-pilot mode.
2. Camera - I'm one of those people who pay a lot of money for good gear but doesn't get to use them as much. I love photography, but I don't call myself a photographer. I love taking photos and I love being in those photos. I don't love taking photos of other people, I like inanimate objects and food. This I absurdly can't live without because I love chronicling my life in the form of pretty photos.
3. Swimwear - For those spontaneous weekend beach getaways. I'm not an extremely spontaneous person but I enjoy a considerable exposure to sea and sand every now and then. It keeps me sane. And, I won't go swimming in the water wearing a tank top and some ripped shorts. I don't care if I have a beer belly, comfort is my number one priority.
4. Smartphone (specifically an iPhone) - I don't want to get into arguments on which platform is better, I simply prefer the iPhone among all the smartphones out in the market. My iPhone is an extension of myself, it's like my personal assistant. Lately though, I decided to disconnect myself from Cloud services such as iCloud and Dropbox due to the recent leaks. Better safe than sorry.
5. Cigarettes - I know, I know. They're bad for my health, and I know it too. But don't we all have that nasty habit we can't get rid off? For me, it's those horrible ciggies. It also doesn't help that they go so well with coffee, eh? I enjoy two of my favorite things during break time or when I hang out with friends. YOLO, not! Of course I plan to quit, but it's not an overnight process. It takes time, so for now, it remains as one of my essentials.