Kitchen Chronicles : Spicy Tuyo Pasta

Friday, July 05, 2013

Ola! I'm not Spanish in any way, I just love using that greeting. Meh. For today's post, I'd like to formally introduce a new category on my blog, 'Kitchen Chronicles'! I'll be sharing recipes and my kitchen adventures! I just want to over share and go all out, the boyf and I not so formally moved together (This I will share in another blog post!) 2 weeks ago. And can I just say, I love love love our Kitchen! I don't know what's been up with me lately but I've been addicted to cooking! By the way, just a disclaimer, I'm not really a good cook, I'm just a normal person who loves to cook. The good thing about this new category is that I'll be sharing my boo-boo's too so you can avoid them in the future. Yay!

Sorry for the text overload, let's proceed with the recipe! For today, I'll be sharing my recipe for Spicy Tuyo Pasta! Yummmmm!

Ingredients:

  • Bottled Tuyo - Spicy (Dried Herring)
  • Pasta (I used spaghetti)
  • Olive Oil (Optional because you can use the oil from the Tuyo)
  • Tomatoes
  • Olives
  • Onions
  • Garlic

Cooking this dish is easy, I didn't include measurements because I believe taste is subjective. You can be fond of olives or tomatoes and would want to add more, that's fine. The taste depends on your preference.

Procedure :
1. In a pan, saute your garlic and onions. I used 2 large onions because I love onions!
2. When your garlic has achieved the perfect (or not) golden brown color, you can add your 
    tomatoes.
3. Saute your tomatoes for about 5mins then add your Olives. Btw, if you have the perfect ripe
    tomatoes, you may have to shorten the sauteing time to 3mins.
4. Add your Tuyo, crush them just so they're evenly distributed when you add the pasta.
5. Mix your pasta with the sauce! You can add olive oil or oil from the tuyo if the pasta feels dry.

Note :
When trying to gauge how much tuyo you'll be putting to your pasta, go with a safe number, like four. If it tastes bland, add more but don't use a whole bottle of tuyo because it'll be too salty. When I first tried this recipe, I initially put 4, the boyfriend told me it was bland so he put in an entire bottle of tuyo. My first try ended up too salty, I added more tomatoes to remedy the whole thing and it worked! Still, I would've preferred just the right amount of tomatoes and tuyo so be cautious if you get the chance to try this recipe!

There you have it, my first entry for Kitchen Chronicles! If some of the instructions were unclear, don't hesitate to leave me a comment or a message! I'm still working on using the right words and instructions when it comes to cooking, but I hope they were clear enough to at least encourage you to try this very tasty recipe!


Enjoy the rest of the week! Oh and for my readers in the US, have a great long weekend and happy 4th of July!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget