Kitchen Chronicles : Cheesy Pesto Pasta

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Before Pesto, my all time favorite pasta was Spaghetti. Yeah, I know. Boring and shit. When I went to Baguio for college and discovered Pizza Volante, I eventually fell in love with Pesto. I mean who wouldn't? Have you seen how pretty and simple their pesto is? I've tried to recreate the kind of pesto that they have but failed too many times, either too much basil or too much Olive oil. That's why I thank Cheezus for easy pasta sauces because they freakin' save a noob like me from the dangers of the kitchen. Lol.  


For this recipe, you'll be needing the following : 
  • Garlic (lots of it!)
  • Clara Ole Cheesy Pesto Sauce
  • Bottled Pesto (for additional texture)
  • Olive Oil
  • Penne (Or any pasta that you prefer!)
  • Salt
  • Chicken breast
  • Chili Flakes (optional)
  • Cheese (optional)
Cook your pasta as per packaging instructions, this should be easy. Saute garlic, chicken breast and chili flakes then add the Cheesy Pesto sauce. You can choose to add more pesto, hence the bottled pesto, for additional texture. Cook the sauce for around 1-2 mins then you can toss the pasta and enjoy! Add salt and pepper to taste. This is optional, but you can add more cheese and chili flakes before serving the dish.

Note :

Make sure that while preparing your ingredients, your chicken breast is already out of the fridge so it defrosts in time for your use.




See? Very easy! I think I've had this in the office for around 2-3 times already because it's so easy to prepare! You can also be creative and add mushrooms or what not, your kitchen is your own personal laboratory so I suggest you experiment!

Have a great week ahead! :)


 photo newsig_zps61fb364d.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget