Food Diary : Brickfire

Sunday, May 26, 2013

If there's anything I splurge on more than shoes and clothes, it's food. I can scrimp on stilettos and bandage dresses but not food, especially when it's worth it--and I'm not on a diet. Lol. I recall quite vividly how we were led to the Steak haven that is Brickfire. My friends and I decided to drop by Shopwise Katipunan to get stuff for our art project at work the next day, we got hungry so we decided to drive a couple of blocks and saw "Oven-roasted steaks and chops"--and it was love at first sight.

We've had several visits and a routine wold consist of going here to eat, working out at Elorde then having beer at Tomato Kick after.



During this visit, it's the first time I skipped getting the steak and settled for a Pesto pasta instead (I was on a diet). The taste was wonderful, my only concern was the amount of serving and the garlic bread. It would've been better if the bread was heated or toasted, and an additional volume on the pasta wouldn't hurt.



The bestest thing they have in this restaurant is indeed the steak. A Cowboy Annie - Stirrup costs P139 and just look at that slab of meat right there. The gravy complements the steak and the white rice is simply perfect too--that or I was just too hungry at that time. Kidding!

I also had the chance to taste their BBQ Ribs (not in photo) and it fucken' melts in your mouth! Having it alone may give you the impression that it's too sweet so you have to have it with rice or mashed potato! Another awesome dish this resto can be proud of would be their Adobo Flakes (not in photo), it has the right amount of adobo flavor and the perfect crispiness with every bite! It also comes with some sort of Salsa to neutralize the taste, but you can do without the Salsa.


I forgot the name of this cake, they don't usually have set desserts. You'd have to ask what the dessert of the day is, usually cakes and muffins. The one that I had was fudgy and it wasn't too sweet--which is good for me because I was able to finish the whole thing. I tend to feel full if the dessert is too sweet because I get tired of the taste.


A poster that's grammatically incorrect caught our attention. It's a good distraction while waiting for your food or the bill.

I'm not a food connoisseur so it's okay if you disregard my rating, I don't really give a flying fuck. I'd give Brickfire an 8 out of 10. Given all the things I love about this place, I still think they have a lot of room for improvement. With that I'm talking about the bathroom which is super stinky. Even if it's outside the restaurant, it can still affect how you see your food once you come in.

Brickfire
Budget - P150 - P300
02 4262254 | 9AM - 10PM
2/F Xavier Residence Building, Rosa Alvero Corner Esteban Abada Street, Loyola Heights, Quezon City
Brickfire Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget