Since That Summer

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I won't apologize for ignoring my little space online--again, because this time I've been doing it consciously. Too lazy to post stuff, to lazy to think, to lazy to write. I actually have 4 days off this week because of Lent but none was spent productively. I was supposed to hit the beach but went down with a flu so we had to postpone. Plus pre-travel fight with the boyf which made things worse I decided I don't want to go. 

I badly wanted to sunbathe and bury myself in sea water but laziness and this flu got the best of me. Since I wasn't able to do it, I figured I'll just share one of our beachcapades last year. It's one of the nicest beaches I've been to, I'll try to be specific with details but you know me, I'll leave it at that. Lulz.

Ladies and Gents, welcome to Patar! It's in Bolinao and neatly situated at the end of a resort strip of some sort. Pretty easy to find for you'll eventually reach the end of that strip, just go left and that's where it's at. I think I heard somewhere that they coin it 'The Mini Boracay of Pangasinan' because of the white sand. It's like Boracay sand plus 3 pts. for the size.

I love Patar because it's not commercialized, not that I've been to Boracay but based on photos, it looks like Manila with a beach and a lot of tourists. Patar is very quiet and peaceful, you can sleep in the shore without any fear of someone stripping you naked--unless you have your drunk friends over.


The sea was crystal all throughout the day when we went there last October, the other years that I was there the sea kind of turned dark towards the end of the day but it was still all good.


Have I told you it's the perfect place for photo shoots? It's not crowded and it's pretty serene, no one will be bothering you throughout. Here are some of the shots I took during the trip. The shots with me in them were taken by the lovely boyfran.

I have a black and white set on queue, decided to post them separately since I've gone post-heavy on this one, might as well stay minimal with the other post just like the tone of the colors.


 


Now, for the not so interesting part, how to get there. The first one, we took a bus from Victory Liner going to Alaminos then from Alaminos drove to the sandy paradise of Patar. You can also choose to take Dagupan, from the town proper there are a lot of vans going to Bolinao. From Bolinao, you'd have to hire a tricycle to take you to Patar, it's a special trip so you may have to pay around P100-150 one way, depends really on the tricycle driver.

I'm sure I can be more clear with the instructions, shoot me a message and I'll try to clarify anything that seems vague. Lol. Hopefully you get around to trying this beach.

Happy Easter folks!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget