On The Other Side The Grass Is Greener

Monday, June 13, 2011

I actually have to prioritize this post because this event happened in April but I was too excited to tell you guys about my birthday I forgot about it. Silly me.

Last April, just like we always do, the University of the Philippines-Baguio Mountaineers had its annual Run for Trails event. The Run for Trails is a non profit activity that aims to introduce park trails as an alternative to concrete roads for running and walking. It also hopes to promote the concept or trail systems within the city as conducive for physical, recreational and educational activities such as running, walking and bird watching.

Moving to Manila prohibited me from attending the past Trail runs, as we call it, for the past 2 years. But I wasn't ready to let go of it, so I prepared for it this year. I applied for my leave and was all set to conquer the mountains! Well, it's not as if I'm going to join because I'm too old for that, I wanted to attend the event so I can help them organize it. When I was still a student and a resident of Baguio, I felt like the amount of commitment I have given to the organization wasn't at all enough so I'm making up for it now.

When you decide to help, your main task would either be under the registration, the water stations or the posts. I was always designated to take care of a specific post so that's what I asked for when I got there. We were supposed to meet at around 4am, imagine the crisp cold wind at that time, then go to our respective posts. I was wearing shorts. DAFUQ, man. I didn't have anything else with me, I had a skirt and a dress so I opted for the shorts instead. 

I wouldn't go much into details for that would bore you if you weren't exactly there to feel how fun it is to be awake in Baguio at 4am, drinking coffee and eating pandesal while you can see the air come out of your mouth while you speak. I'll let you feel the event through the photos! 


I was at my post waiting for the sunrise
The disadvantage of working with a 50mm when you're alone
Inappropriate shoes

Good morning, Baguio!
Fast runners

Group category
Stopped by to have a group photo
Walang ganito sa Maynila.

My photo, because I'm vain like that!
--and another to end this post!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget