Realizations During My Graduation

Sunday, September 12, 2010



I didn't blog about my graduation because If I did, I'm sure I never would've published it anyway. Because I'd end up wetting my laptop because I get so nostalgic when it comes to that topic. I still can't get over the fact that after years of critical thinking, I'll end up working somewhere I'm not really fond of. So, just a reminder to myself that I did graduate almost 4 months ago and that I made some realizations back then, I have to look at this photo.


Almost complete family picture



My sister Kat didn't make it to Baguio on my graduation because my mom had her attend summer classes if that would be her only salvation to graduating in time. I don't feel sad that I didn't graduate in time, I feel sad because given the 4 years and that last summer I spent studying, I still don't understand the real world, the real life. I still have a lot of questions in mind that up until now are left unanswered.

Every time I look at this photo, I reminisce how my Mom cried when I gave her my token and how my Dad wasn't able to look at me straight in the eye because tears were also forming in his eyes. Every time I fail to understand how life works and why we have to be enslaved by capitalists, I just look at this photo and remind myself that I have to make a change and make my parents proud. I doesn't have to be a drastic change, so long as I'll start now.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget