A Day In The Life

Tuesday, August 03, 2021

Since the pandemic started, I've always felt like my days come in day in, day out with unbothered monotony. Moving to the province has given my mental health the much needed breather it craved while being choked up by the pandemic last year. For some reason, living in the city aggravated whatever it was that I was feeling--just made everything worse for some reason. Moving to a house. I have space, I have my plants, I have a bigger area for everything--work, sleep, hobbies pretty much everything. I even got a dog and she has all the space she needs to play around. I wake up pretty much the same time everyday, 6AM and get ready for the day ahead. I'm more exhausted compared to when. was living in a condo but not for nothing. Before 9AM hits, I've already taken care of my dog, cleaned the porch and the backyard, watered my plants, prepped breakfast and squeezed in a workout. 

It sounds dreamy but it's also a lot of work. Everytime I get frustrated with the amount of work it takes to maintain a house, I just go back to my core and tell myself this is exactly what I wanted. A quiet place to settle in, a huge space to take care of my plants and still have room for my hobbies, not to mention an enormous kitchen where I can buy all the ingredients and spices I want and have a place to put them in. But this place I also have to clean, keep pristine and liveable, maintain and regularly do repairs and upkeep-it's a ton and it's overwhelming. It needs a lot of adjustment but nothing my partner and I can't handle. I'm back in therapy and I putting a lot of effort working on my coping mechanisms--life is good. Life isn't steady but it's pretty good. 

I decided to film "A day in the life" content as some sort of tangible memorabilia so I can have something to remember these days by. I feel like if I don't, it'll casually slip my mind. And in between everything that's happening--a global pandemic, moving to the province, getting engaged and raising a dog for the first time--these are days I want to romanticize, these are days I want to remember forever. I find myself creating content more for myself more than others. If other people enjoy what I put out, great. If not, that's fine too because again--I'm creating all these mostly for myself and I hope others would too. 

I'm so tired of seeing content being dished out only to make us buy something, it's getting tiring. I miss the old days where I'd read blogs about random people I don't know. I want to see the same for Youtube; I want to know what you're up to without you necessarily telling me to buy this, buy that etc. In this day and age where I don't get to see a lot of my friends and family anymore due to the pandemic, I really just want to see content that will resemble the tiniest bit of human connection and that's letting people in. Which is somehow what this vlog is all about too--letting my dear readers and viewers into my life too. Hope you enjoy having a peek. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget