Making Beef Pepper Rice Ala Pepper Lunch!

Friday, August 13, 2021

Earlier this year I was on a roll with my recipes. I may not have been updating the blog as much as I was updating my other social media sites, and my excuse is Tiktok lol. It's just so easy to consume media on Tiktok for someone who has short attention span. I mean, it's the perfect formula--people stuck at home in the middle of a global pandemic + a mount of useful/useless content lol = a blackhole where you end up spending 3hrs of your time just scrolling through everything. But anywaaaaay, I've been doing a ton of recipes there until I got burn out in May because I have been producing content almost on a daily basis. Took a month off and I'm finally back with a new recipe!

Since we're on another lockdown and most restaurants are closed, I thought I'd recreate another resto favorite--Pepper Lunch's Beef Pepper Rice! I was absolutely obsessed with Pepper Lunch during their earlier days--rice, beef, corn on a sizzling plate with their sumptuous, savor sauce--what more can you ask for?? My last dine-in experience at Pepper Lunch was in 2019 at Ayala the 30th and I wasn't too impressed with the changes. Which is sad because I understand inflation but at the price they're selling, the quality shouldn't have diminished. So, recreating this dish at home perfectly made sense because I have control over the portions. Enough talking, let's get cooking!


INGREDIENTS
800 g very thinly sliced beef
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 large cups cooked rice
1 cup cooked corn kernels
6 tsp butter
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
thinly sliced spring onions, to garnish
oil

Amakuchi
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce

Karakuchi
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup water
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp finely ground black pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp vegetable oil

PROCEDURE

1. For the sauces, just combine all ingredients in a pan and simmer in low heat. Set aside. 
2. Heat pan over stove top, and cook your beef slices according to your doneness preference. 
3. Add pepper and a little salt. Take the beef odd the pan soon as it's done. 
4. In a sizzling plate/regular plate, position your rice in the middle.
5. Surround with beef, top with buttered corn and drizzle with the sauce.
6. Top  with additional pepper and dried basil and voila, you're ready!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget