#MalolosEats : Chefie's Special

Monday, February 08, 2021

As y'all know I'm a huge fan of anything raw (not the kind you're probably thinking), but y'all know what I mean--Sashimi! But since moving to Malolos, I've been having a hard time looking for a go-to restaurant I can call my happy place since the places surrounding my area do not have a ton of choices. While there's Ganchan, my current go-to for Salmon Sashimi, they're not available on FoodPanda and messaging their page for delivery is a chore since sometimes they reply after a day or two lol. Nonetheless, they're still one of the place I'll highly recommend if you're looking for topnotch Sashimi in Malolos. 

But again, I wanted a place where I can have a ton of options for when I'm craving and thanks to my Goodbye, Manila vlog, one of my subscribers recommended this place called Chefie's Special and I wasn't disappointed!

THE PLACE
The restaurant is owned by Chef Alfie Leoncio who used to be a Japanese cuisine chef in the luxury island of Maldives. He has over 15yrs of experience in Japanese food making from sushi to teppanyaki, name it and he can make it. I was amused because there aren't a lot of places that offer really good sushi/sashimi in my area as mentioned. The place already accepts dine-in customers following IATF protocols. Delivery is also available via FoodPanda or via their Facebook page. I've used both methods and can I just say how FoodPanda really is capitalizing on this pandemic? They add around P50++ to every dish and that's on top of the delivery fee. You'd think at that amount delivery would be free huh? Nope. 

Given that, I prefer to order via their Facebook page. The delivery to my place is P80 but considering the amount of food I order and the frequency, I've come to a conclusion that I save more rather than when I order through Foodpanda with every dish having an additional P50++. 

THE FOOD
Okay, on to the food. I cannot stress enough how good the food is at such an affordable price! I mean 4pcs of Salmon Nigiri at P120, what more can I ask for? I've been stuffing my face with Sushi for the past 3wks just because. And you can see from the photos how presentable the food looks, right? I mean it's not the highest grade of Salmon Sashimi but for the price, I'm more than giddy to be sharing this place with y'all. I also always go for the Sushi and Sashimi for one which retails for P280, I mean are you kidding me?? It has Salmon sashimi, Tuna sashimi, Salmon Nigiri, Tuna Nigiri, Shrimp Nigiri, Shrimp Sashimi, Kani Nigiri and California rolls all for P280.00! I swear I can't with their prices, I am so in love with this place. I hope they can sustain this kind of quality as they go along. 

If I can suggest anything to this resto, I hope they add more things to their menu because their Chef is so talented I'm so sure this will be a hit here in Malolos. I also would love to see some Uni and Ika because I seldom see Japanese restos serve it right. Nonetheless, the current menu is already satisfying as it is. These recos really are just add-ons. Anyway, if you're ever in Malolos, don't miss this place!


Budget : P400 for 2 people
Open daily : 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
638 MacArthur Highway Tabang 3015 Guiguinto

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget