Food Diary : Plana's Pantry (Mandaluyong)

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

I've been living in Mandaluyong for about 6 years now and I've been to every nook and cranny of this place while going on my foodventures. But on today's food diary, I'm not sharing something new--instead, I'll share this constant favorite I've had since I moved here. My place is fairly situated in the city center. I have a ton of options when it comes to food like Mcdonalds, Subway, Binalot etc. You can see the place has really diverse choices which is something I love. One of the things we don't have a lot of though would be home-cooked comfort meals. I mean I love myself some fast food every now and then but home-cooked meals is where my heart is at. 

Enter Plana's Pantry. Originally when I moved in, they weren't in the area yet. But I think about 2mos in, I was curious because it's just right in front of the condominium complex I live in and the interiors looked so fancy. When I stepped inside, I wasn't disappointed with the place. 

THE PLACE
As mentioned, I eat at this place pretty often because it's so close to me but if you're using public transpo it's also pretty accessbile. If you're bringing a car, parking is available but really limited--like there are  only 2 tandem slots shared with a nearby bank. If you're going I highly recommend not taking a car. Parking aside, the interiors are all sorts of lovely. The place has a clean, rustic overall vibe with framed quotes blasted all over. I've memorized the time slots when there aren't a lot of people so ordering-wise, I always get my food faster than usual. 

THE FOOD
Food is hit/miss but mostly it's amazing! I remember when they opened, they had this amazing set of fish and chips and they used real fish. But now, they only have fish nuggets and chips so that was kind of a let down, Eitherway, most of the dishes are really good. Their bestseller would be their ribs--humongous serving for a fraction of the price! They also literally pair it with a mountain of rice given the huge serving. Another favorite would be their Lengua--legit lengua that's so tender and melts in your mouth! Those two are probably the ones I order the most. 

For dessert I've always gone for their ice cream. I don't know how it's made but the taste is very far from store-bough ice creams and it's soooooo gooood! The Chocolate Rumble tastes like creamy dark chocolate while the avocado wasn't overwhelmingly fruity and just had the right milky/fruity texture.
Will I go back? I always do! Plana's Pantry has become part and parcel of living in Mandaluyong. It took a while for me to share this because I'm here quite often and I never really saw the need. But I saw one post in one of the Facebook groups I follow and one person was raving about this place so I thought I'd share since there isn't a lot of information about the place hehe. Anyway, let me know if you plan to check the place since I can drop by and join lol.

Budget : P800 for 2 people
Open daily : 10:30 AM - 11:00 PM
Ground Floor, RC Building, 50 Domingo M. Guevara Street, Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City
Plana's Pantry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget