Antipolo's Hidden Underground Cafe--Burrow Cafe at Antipolo Beehouse

Friday, February 14, 2020

I'm not a huge fan of Valentines day, not only do I see it as a capitalist tradition but the gory massacre associated with it kind of gives me the creeps too. But even if I don't love it as a holiday,  I love romantic gestures which I usually plan right around this holiday because that's the time when restaurants usually spruce up before the huge V day. I take about 3-4 days so everything's still waaaay cheaper lol and it isn't as crowded. I typically travel around this time because Metro Manila traffic is a bitch, but this year I decided to do something romantic with this guy I'm dating yiiieee kilig.

So anyway, I looked up restaurants with the kind of vibe I wanted to go for--the perfect romantic breakfast date! I don't like going out at night because of the traffic so a breakfast date sounds perfect. I read up an article on Booky and Burrow Cafe is one of the restaurants on their list. 

THE PLACE
Coming from Mandaluyong, it tooks us about an hour to arrive at our destination. Burrow cafe is situated inside Beverly Hills an there's a P20 fee if you're bringing a car right when you drive by the guard house. Reservations are highly encouraged and walk-ins aren't guaranteed so make sure you call or send them a message ahead of time. This is an underground cafe so there's a downhill walk before you actually see the restaurant. According to their website, 76 steps down to be precise. 

When I opened the antique doors, I was floored. The place was amazing! Not only is it lovely on Instagram, it's lovelier in person. When I walked in I just knew I made the right decision. It was only us plus another group dining during the time of our visit--can I just say breakfast dates really are the best. The place has limited seating but it's is spacious enough so you won't feel crowded. 

THE FOOD
Okay, now on to the food. If you look at their menu, you'll be a bit surprised because given the selection the price can be a bit too steep. I thought of the same thing but hey, I also looked at the photos on Zomato and they look amazing. I ordered the Slow Braised Beef Shank (P730.00), BSE--Bacon, Sausage and Egg (P480.00), Dayap Creme Brulee (P160.00) and Cold Brew Latte (P160.00). 

The Braised Beef was tender and it melts in your mouth but the flavor was overpowering. I had to eat a ton of baby tomatoes and french beans to balance out the taste. The BSE was okay, is there something special about it--none. The coffee was good and justified for it's price. The creme brulee was also okay but personally the addition of Dayap didn't suit my taste, I like my creme brulee creamy.
Would I go back?? I would! The food may be pricey but you're not just paying for THAT, you're paying for the ambiance, the experience and everything in between. I probably couldn't get another cafe in the metro that can offer the peace and serenity I had while dining--it was so quiet and peaceful I was left to wander with my thoughts while enjoying my meal. Burrow Cafe is probably one of the restaurants I thought I'd never go back to because I was a bit put off with the price but no, the experience was totally amazing and I look forward to coming back soon.

Budget : P1200 for 2 people
Open : Wed-Thu 8AM - 4PM, Fri-Sun 7AM - 4PM
Antipolo Beehouse, 113 Beverly Hills Drive, Beverly Hills Subdivision, Dolores, Taytay
Burrow Café Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget