Kitchen Chronicles : Pako Salad

Monday, February 03, 2020

I know I haven't shared a recipe in a loooong time but I'm in a good mood today since I'm eating a lot healthier so I thought I'd share one of my go-to easy, peasy meals when I'm trying to detox or just eat healthy. My Mom would usually make this in the morning and I'll be all full of appetite the entire day, lol. As if all the weight I've gained isn't indication enough. 

I think I first had this when I was just on my first year at the university. There was this carinderia near our dorm and I was curious what the greens were because I haven't had seaweed at that time. I tried it and it tasted like the sea but it was so good with the dressing, tomatoes, onions and everything else. Ahhh wasn't your mouth watering just by the mention of those ingredients? Anyway, let's get started!

INGREDIENTS
Fiddleheard Fern (Pako)
Sliced tomatoes
Combination of white/red onions
Lemon
Olive Oil
Salt
Sugar
Pepper
Salted egg

PROCEDURE
1. Soak the fern in cold water for some minutes and rinse well. 
2. In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in lemon juice and add fresh ground pepper and salt to taste then aside.
3. In a big bowl, mix the fern, tomatoes and onions.
4. Pour the lemon mixture and toss until well mixed.
5. Add the salted eggs and toss one last time.

And that't it, easy peasy! Most of the ingredients you already have at home! If you're going to the market and chance upon seasonal fern, go whip up this super easy recipe. I'm pretty sure you'll love it! Let me know if you ever try it!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget