Food Diary : Red Kimono

Saturday, March 31, 2012

What's going on Chicharon? Hah, that's me trying to pull off a Mikey Bustos opening. Hahaha! Okay, if you don't know him you might not be laughing as hard as I am. 

A few weeks ago, we dined at Red Kimono before our tip to Baguio. My workplace (UP-Ayalaland Technohub) is surrounded by various restaurants which caters to different kinds of food. That particular Friday night we were craving for Japanese food thus leading us to Red Kimono. I promise you this post won't be heavy with text, I'll smother you with photos!



Mixed Kamameshi for P195.00
According to my friend, Mina--who ordered this dish, Kamameshi is some sort of Japanese kettle cooked rice. Don't underestimate this little baby because it can probably serve a meal for 2 people. The depth of this container is awesome. For me, I'd give it a 5 for quantity but not for quality. I don't really know how a kettle cooked dish is done but I didn't like the way the rice was cooked, it was too soggy.

I forgot the name of this dish. 
 My friend Ayel ordered this but I forgot what it's called because it doesn't really look very enticing. I'm a visual person you know.


Chicken Teriyaki Bento for P250.00
 This is what Lovey had. Being a certified meat lover, he'd go for heavy meals with pork/beef/chicken. The meal also had some stir-fried vegetables and chocolate balls. I love the chocolate balls, they're not too sweet so you don't really get tired of the taste. 

Teriyaki Goodness

I ordered California Maki (P165.00) and Miso soup (P50.00) because I was pretending to be on a diet. In the end, 8 pieces of Maki just didn't suffice so I had to get food from Bibi's plate every now and then.

And there you have it, a glimpse on my usual boring Friday night. if you even wanted to know, hahaha! How about you, where's your favorite Japanese resto?


Photobucket

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget