Where to eat in Baguio : Tajimaya Charcoal Grill

Thursday, March 18, 2021

In the past month, I've been to Baguio a couple of times to finalize some things for my wedding. And yes, I'm engaged lol. I don't think I'll be sharing the story here on the vlog but I sure will share some of the places we visited while we were there. I haven't been to Baguio in a year so I'm not updated which places are close/open, good thing my sister is a resident in one of the hospitals and is already a local in Baguio. Tajimaya is one of the places she recommended we try. 

THE PLACE

Upon entering the restaurant, you're required to fill-out their contact tracing form while getting your temp checked. The tables were also neatly separated with transparent films to make sure there is no/minimal contact between other diners. During our visit, the place felt understaffed but I reckon it's understandable since not a lot of places are operating at full capacity not to mention workers who have been laid out so not taking that against them. 

THE FOOD

At this point you might think it's just another all-you-can eat buffet dining and yes it may be but the selection of food they have makes it more interesting than the rest. For one they have cuttlefish and it was REALLY good especially when grilled right. I overcooked the first few servings I had so they turned out a bit chewy but still yummy! Another premium selection I found delightful was their scallops! I love scallops and seeing it on their all-you-can eat menu was amazing. But dont expect big-ass scallops like the one in Japan--theirs is on the smaller scale but equally delicious served with their signature sauce. 

The side dishes they have is quite limited but I'm pretty sure you'll be enamored enough with their premium meat selection that you won't actually mind. My sister told me they used to have salmon belly and unlimited beer, not sure why it wasn't on the menu anymore but it would be awesome to be able to try. Would I go back? Definitely! Try it if you ever visit Baguio and you're looking at grilling your own food without compromising safety protocols. Let me know if you try it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget