Kitchen Chronicles : Kapampangan Sipo Egg

Saturday, November 07, 2020

Hey, everyone. For today's recipe I thought I'd share something quick and simple but equally good! Lately work's been a little crazy so I haven't had my relaxed time to prepare my meals. Anyway, we all know how the pandemic has ruined a lot of things for us, and for me particularly, it's social events. I don't know about you but fiesta is a huge deal in kapampangan culture. One thing they even say is that sometimes, even when people do not have money anymore, they still chuck out money no matter how small just to prepare food for a fiesta. That's kind of the culture I grew up on. 

But again, we all know how everyone's missing out, and I'm no exception. It's almost the end of the year and I haven't attended any social gathering in the past 8mos, haven't gone home to visit my friends not attend a fiesta, which is one of my favorite festivities at home. So I thought, why not cook at home instead so I can reminisce? That's exactly what today's recipe is all about. Let's get cooking!




INGREDIENTS
Boiled Quail Eggs
Mixed veggies (peas, carrots, corn)
Ham or spam
Butter
Salt and Pepper
Nestle Cream
Cream of Mushroom

PROCEDURE
1. In a pan over medium heat, cook your hamp/spam in butter. 
2. Once the ham/spam is cooked, add your mixed veggies and saute. 
3. Next, add your onion and garlic. 
4. Add the nestle cream and dilute with a little water. 
5. Simmer and flavor with cream of mushroom. 
6. Season some more with salt and pepper. 
7. Add quail eggs and serve!

NOTES
See very easy! Sipo egg is usually paired with any fried dish and an entire assortment of meat as is during a proper fiesta. Personally, we love pairing it with fried chicken and steamed rice--perfection! The steps might seem odd because as you've seen I saute my onions and garlic towards the third step but it's only because I want the onion and garlic taste to be more prominent. If you prefer to saute towards the beginning, that's fine as well. Whatever works for you is good! Let me know if you try this dish; I'm pretty sure you'll love it. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget