Kitchen Chronicles : Mayak Eggs

Tuesday, May 07, 2019

Aside from Japanese food, one other cuisine that I'm pretty much obsessed with is Korean food! I mean who's not obsessed with Samgyeupsal? It's on the verge of replacing Adobo as our national dish, loljk. But seriously, Korean food is soooo good! Their instant noodles are also to die for! While not necessarily healthy, I indulge in it once in a while. Which is why when you look at my Youtube recommendations, I mostly have Korean mukbangs of spicy noodles or Jjajangmyeon or sushi!

Aside from my Korean mukbangs, I also get bouts of Korean recipes here and there. This is how I discovered the recipe I'll be sharing today. Last year I tried a Japanese recipe for soy-marinated yolk so when I saw what Mayak eggs are all about, I was immediately all over it. The recipe looked pretty simple and required little effort and you know I'm all about that lol. Let's begin!

INGREDIENTS
Fresh Eggs
Soy Sauce
Green Onions
Red/Green Chilies
Sugar
Sesame Seeds
Water

PROCEDURE
1. Boil the eggs for strictly 6 minutes then transfer to a container with cold water.
2. Peel the eggs and set aside.
3. For the mixture, combine 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of water, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1tbsp of sesame seeds, chopped green and red chillies and chopped scallions.
4. Add the peeled eggs and keep in an airtight container.
5. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours. (I did mine overnight)
6. Serve on top of hot rice and drizzle with sesame oil.

And voila, Mayak eggs! I loved this recipe because it was's as salty as the soy marinated yolks that I tried before. While that was good, this one is even better! I easily had 3 in one sitting. I guess the danger there is having to control yourself lest you want to die of high cholesterol lol. Let me know if you're making this recipe! Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget