Kitchen Chronicles : Easy Banana Smoothie

Friday, May 10, 2019

Ever since I quit smoking, I've gained a tremendous amount of weight. I would momentarily try to shed some of it off but for some reason, my diets and detoxes aren't as effective compared to when I was smoking. Not sure if nicotine plays a huge role in weight loss or it's just my body slowing its metabolism down. Eitherway, from 45kgs, I'm not at 60kgs in a span of 10mos, and yes I'm alarmed. I've tried to eat healthy but somehow my oral fixation would get the best of me and I'd end up binge eating again.

But lately, I've been more determined to lose this added weight since it doesn't make me feel good at all. My clothes don't fit and I'm in no mood to socialize since my weight gain apparently has also taken its toll on my mental health. Anyway, enough of that heavy shit. Since my birthday, I've decided to be more dedicated to this plan and not do on crash diets orr detoxes anymore. I'm trying to be more active although that's proving to be the most difficult part about it. The easy part is the food. I love cooking and experimenting so in the past 2 weeks, I've been having this breakfast smoothie and it feels great. I haven't lost any weight but I feel lighter so, shall we begin?


INGREDIENTS
Bananas
Soy/Almond Milk
Chia Seeds
Ice Cubes

PROCEDURE
1. Place your bananas in a ziploc bag and freeze overnight.
2. In a blender combine the frozen bananas, 1tbsp of chia seeds, soy/almond milk and ice cubes.
3. Blend until you get the consistency you want.

Some notes, you can add or use any fruit that you prefer. You can also add vegetables, protein powders and whatever it is that tickles your fancy. Personally I haven't experimented with vegetables yet but I might do it next week. If I do, I'll make sure to share it with you guys. Enjoy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget