Kitchen Chronicles : Cheesy Tteokbokki with Odeng

Thursday, September 20, 2018

I'm pretty sure this post will attract people from the K-Pop fandom community so, welcome to my little space on the internet! Today, I thought of sharing a very simple recipe that you guys have probably seen a lot on the K dramas that you watch. But for me, my familiarity with Korean food solely comes from Facebook and Youtube, lol. I was already into Mukbang even before it was a trend, lol that sounded so hipster, But really, I was obsessed watching people eat which is why I'm so familiar with Korean food. Most of the pioneers in the Mukbang scene that I was watching before were Koreans. Banzz, being one of my favorites. And of course while you watch, you also get curious, like how does it taste like? It looks so yummy, I want a bite too! Soooo that's pretty much explains my enthusiasm in making my own Korean food. Haha Most of the ones I wanted to try before weren't readily available so I had to make do with the ingredients I have.

But nowadays, I'm so ecstatic because there's almost always a Korean grocery store everywhere I go which is why it's easier to source ingredients for my food experiments. So this Tteokbokki recipe I'll be sharing is sort of ~instant~ since we won't be making the sauce from scratch but it tastes equally as good.

A few notes before you watch the video and start with the recipe, the ttekbokki I used in the video is spicy cheese because I like it hot! But if you don't like the heat, just buy plain tteokbokki. You have the tteokboki sauce anyway. For the cheese,you can choose from cheddar or mozzarella. In the video, I use both. If you have any other questions about the recipe, leave a comment and I'll try to answer as soon as I can. Enjoy!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget