Everyday Beauty Essentials

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I remember being fond of make-up when I was a child. But I also remember being utterly terrified by it when I swallowed a tube of our house helper's chocolate-flavored lipstick. In my defense, I was kid--and I thought make-up was edible. From there, I sort of developed this phobia when it comes to make-up. It also didn't help that my school didn't allow make-up, even when we were already in highschool. My basic staples were baby powder, oil film and lip gloss. I don't know about you but we bragged about all sort of Chapstick or Maybelline lip gloss flavors in high school. I remember being the cool girl one time because my Grandma got me Lip Smackers in Candy Confetti and I was the first girl in class to ever have that flavor, lol. 

Growing up, I didn't really feel the need to invest in make-up. One big factor would be not seeing my Mom wear make-up, ever. Well, she did some times. Mostly during school occasions and it would be a teenee-tiny dab of pale lipstick. Until now, I still don't see the need to invest in expensive brushes, contouring shit, sponges, to name a few. I have learned to add a bit of color to my face though, lol! If that's something I can even be proud of. My interest in make-up may grow in the future but for now, I'm fine with my everyday beauty essentials. 

Blowlash EX24 in Dark Brown - I got this from a friend's online boutique. I'm not sure if it's available locally but she purchased it from China. I'm not really an eyebrow person. I recently (like a month or so) discovered the beautifully engaging art of painting one's eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil. I would just like to reiterate that I'm NOT good at it. Yes I enjoy practicing (for the lack of a better term) but I I almost always end up looking like Chucky but it's okay. I'm still learning, lol. 

Johnson's Baby Powder Blossoms - This has been my everyday beauty essential since high school! I never leave the house without it. I've tried using Maybelline's Clear Smooth All-in-one Powder, and while it gave my skin an amazing glow on the first few hours, it also made my face extremely oily so I went back to using my trusted baby powder. Several brands and shades of foundation, liquid foundation, concealer and BB cream later, I realized maybe I'm just not meant to use one. Or at least haven't found the perfect product for my skin type and color. For now, my baby powder will do. 

MAC Lipstick - It's in some shade of 60. I'm sorry, the label on the bottom got erased and I have no intention of finding out, lol. This is an emergency lipstick because the one that I usually use is out of stock. I got this as a Christmas gift and while it may not be my preferred shade, it will do. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to make-up. My go-to lipstick is EB Matte in Toast of New York and Dusk. I like my colors dark, like my soul. Kidding!

Avon Eyeshadow Quad - There are four shades of brown here that I cannot begin to differentiate because I don't use them at all. I got this as a gift from my Aunt and I've been using it only as a mirror, hehe. 

Avon Liquid Eye liner - Just like the art of painting one's eyebrows, I also just recently discovered the equally alluring craft of defining one's eyes with the use of an eye liner.  When I first tried it, I looked like a member of Kiss. I don't like watching Youtube tutorials because they make it seem so easy! I'd rather you show me in person so next time I don't look like crap, lol. 

EB Advance Lip and Cheek Tint - Prior to this, I was using Penshoppe's Cheek Tint. I switched because it has tiny specks of glitter. And while I do love glitter, I don't like it on my face. I love it on my perfume and everywhere else--just not my face. 

There you go. Not like you needed to know what I put on my face on a daily basis, lol. I'm so excited to embark on the journey of discovering what else is out there. I may be a late bloomer when it comes to make-up but I don't care. I have better things to worry about like keeping my face clear! This has been a constant struggle since College since I have acne all the time like a f*cking teenager going through puberty! Maybe it will be less of a problem when I uncover more concealers that suit my skin type. If you have any recommendations regarding basic beauty tips and tricks that I can follow, put up the link in the comments section. My inner make-up guru thanks you in return, lol. 

PS Is it Friday yet? Can't wait for the long weekend! We'll be going to Majayjay falls which I should be talking about in a different blog post because I should be sleeping, lol. Kbye, goodnight!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget