KFC Ricecooker Chicken aka Devil Rice!

Monday, April 13, 2020

I was thinking of greeting you guys with, "Hey it's day xx of the lockdown--" but I just realized I don't really know what day of the lockdown we're in. As mentioned I started doing my own home quarantine way before the actual lockdown so I've been cooped up at home for more than a month. I've experimented with a ton of recipes, I've tried all the food fads, and I'm happy to report that I'm in no way bored. I don't want to say I'm enjoying staying home since a lot of our frontliners are out there risking their lives--rather I want to say, I'm thankful and ever so grateful that I have a home to stay in and food to sustain me for the rest of the lockdown. 

Anyway, I hope you're all safe. For today's blog, I'm sharing a recipe I learned before all the craziness started to happen. I first saw this article on Facebook saying they've discovered the devil of all rice dishes--so I was assuming, man--this must be delicious as hell. Tbh, I'm not a huge fastfood person but what's good is you can customize the recipe to your liking so I thought I'd give it a shot. 

INGREDIENTS
KFC Chicken
Soy Sauce
Chicken Cubes or Chicken Broth
Green Onions
Oyster Mushroom
Corn
Pepper

PROCEDURE
1. Wash the rice then add needed water accordingly. (google how to cook rice if you don't know how to lol)
2. Add soy sauce, pepper and chicken stock. (in my case chicken cube)
3. Add KFC chicken.
4. Close the lid and cook the rice together with the chicken.
5. Once it's cooked, remove the bones and shred the chicken.
6. Add whatever you want as toppings! In my case I added stir-fried oyster mushrooms, buttered corn, green onions and finished it off with gravy. 

NOTES
If you already cook rice on a daily basis then this will be easy peasy for you. And I promise it's the easiest thing I've done to make my rice taste like gourmet food lol. It's also an awesome way to extend your chicken, especially now with the quarantine--it's best to try and make as much with what you have. And with the toppings, seriously you can experiment with anything. But I find corn to be a staple when doing this since it tastes so good with the mix. 

 Let me know if you try this recipe!If you're a fastfood lover, this is definitely an awesome way to spruce up your meal and make it a bit healthier even with the lockdown. I know most people who don't have access to groceries and supermarkets are having their food delivered most of the time which is why it's still important to try and make something healthy out of those deliveries. Boost your immune system and stay healthy! Tag me if you ever do the recipe! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget