Homemade Korean Dinner

Wednesday, August 08, 2018

We're no stranger to Korean culture; from Korean songs to Korean drama and of course--Korean food! I wasn't into anything related to Korea until my former manager introduced me to K-food. At that time, I wasn't familiar with what Samgyeopsal was, and all I wate whenever she would ask me out would be Korean Fried Chicken ala Bonchon. Out favorite go-to place that time was this Korean restaurant along Don Antonio in QC. It wasn't until I tried Samgyeopsal in Don-Day that I absolutely fell in love with it. And while it's always a treat, it can also get pretty expensive. 

A few days ago, my sister asked if I can cook for them so I decided to go Korean. Fortunately there's a Korean store near the condo which has specific cuts of meat meant for Samgyeopsal. If I'm buying from the grocery, I usually get the bacon cut but it's not quite the same. I also decided to cook Cheesey Ttteokbokki with Odeng (fish cake). I decided to add more cheese so it can counter the spiciness since my younger sisters are eating. I also bought Leek Dumplings, Kimchi and Spicy Ramyeun. For the specifics, I'll be listing them below. 


Okay, let's begin! I will be listing the ingredients you'll be needing for the following dishes. For the Samgyeopsal : pork, lettuce, garlic, onion, perilla leaves and Samjang paste. You know the drill, just combine everything together on a bed of lettuce or perrilla or both and you're good to go. For the Spicy Ramyeun : you can buy any Ramyeun you ant, I prefer spicy, I just add a few crab sticks, egg and top it with cheese for that gooey, creamy ending. For the Cheesey Tteokbokki : tteokbokki sauce, tteokbokki, Odeng, onion, cabbage, mozzarella and cheddar cheesse! Just cook based on package instructions and add the cheese. The Kimchi dumplings : I pretty much just fried them and made sauce out of soy sauce, honey, gochugaru (red pepper flakes), mirin, vinegar and sesame seeds! For the sides I prepared onions, garlic, kimchi and pickled radish. 

 I usually just go with Samgyeopsal if we're having a Korean night at home but this time I wanted to be a little extra hence all the other add-ons. I'm pretty sure we all have our own unique ways of preparing a korean dinner at home and I definitely want to hear yours! The only downside to going Korean at home would be all the dishes you'd have to wash after because of all the side dishes, lol. But anyway, please share with me how you guys personalize your homemade korean dinners. Looking forward to all your delicious recommendations. Have an awesome week! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget