Tokyo Milk Cheese Factory Café : Get The Fluffiest Japanese Pancakes!

Thursday, March 05, 2020

I don't even need to say it. If you're visiting my blog for the first time, the queries japanse+pancakes+ph probably led you here. If you're an old time follower, then this won't come as a surprise. Y'all know I jump in on most food fads lol. Can't say if that's a good or a bad thing though. But eitherway, whatever led you to this post--welcome. As mentioned, fluffy pancakes/japanese pancakes/soufle pancakes have been raved almost on every feed I go to! I don't have a sweet tooth but the photo going around with those jiggly pancakes topped with powdered sugar just really caught my attention.

Since it's the first time I'm having 'em fluffy pancakes, I wanted to have the best. And on my research found out that one of the best places to go to was Tokyo MilkCheese Factory Cafe. I was surprised because I didn't know they had a cafe. I'm a huge fan of their cheese cookies and ice cream so you can imagine my excitement when I read that they also carry the next food item on my list. 

THE PLACE
From what I've read, Tokyo MilkCheese Factory Cafe only has 2 branches--the one in Paranaque and the one in Estancia. We decided to visit the one in Estancia. I know that there would be a queue so we decided to come in as early as we can. We got to the place around 11:30AM and there wasn't a queue yet but we got the last table since the place was packed. There was also a 45minute waiting time for the pancakes which was written at the board just in case you're in a hurry probably. 

Our order arrived around 15-20mins after being ordered. I have the range since they didn't all arrive at the same time, with the pancakes arriving at around 45mins indeed. I was taking photos and videos of the place so I didn't mind the time, but if you're hungry the waiting time might not sit well with you.

THE FOOD
So we ordered the following : Caesar Salad (P370), Chicken Cheese Omurice (P315), Hayashi Beef Omurice (P395), Ebiko Carbonara (P345) Summer Berry Pancake (P315), Plain Pancake (P210), Creme Brulee Pancake (P265) and Iced Latte (P135). Our bill was rougly P2500 so given that, I was expecting quite a lot. The Caesar Salad was great with the egg furai as an amazing addition to an otherwise boring salad. The Chicken Cheese was also good given the quality of cheese they used. For the Hayashi Beef I was quite disappointed because there was barely any beef in it. The sauce was on point it's just that the beef was really lacking. The tomato pilaf would've been perfect had there been enough beef to go on every bite. Good thing the Ebiko Carbonara was a redemption. The ebiko's saltiness was a good balance what with all the creamy goodness going on. 
Okay now on to the star of the show--the pancakes. We ordered 3 out of 4 pancakes that they offered. We couldn't justify getting one more 'cause we won't be able to finish it and having it to go won't be the same since the pancakes change form after a while. Out of the 3, my favorite was the Creme Brulee--holy cow that's what all creamy goodness is made of. That is what Tokyo Milkcheese Factory is made of! The plain pancake was just okay and the Summer Berry was a tad too sour for me even with the nama cream. If you're getting just one, make sure you try the Creme Brulee! 
Would I go back? I probably would because there are still a couple of dishes I haven't tried. I was too full to order more lol. I read somewhere that they're also popular for their Milk Pies so I'll be sure to try that next time I visit. Have you tried their pancakes?? What did you guys think??


TOKYO MILKCHEESE FACTORY CAFE
Budget : P1000 for 2 people
Open daily : 10:30 AM - 11:00 PM
 East Wing, Estancia Mall, Capitol Commons, Meralco Ave, Pasig

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget