Boracay Eats : Station X

Sunday, December 01, 2019

I was in Boracay over a month ago and while I have a barrage of complaints over the "new Boracay", I don't think this is the proper avenue. Follow me on twitter instead for the tea, lol. Anyway, for this series I don't think I'll be able to share anything budget-friendly because most of the restaurants we've tried had a pretty steep price tag. So I think, this series will just be all about the best bang for your buck since you'll be spending. While there are cheaper options like Mang Inasal, Andoks, etc. I just feel that we already have enough of those here you probably won't be looking forward to them in Boracay. 

So let's get it on with our first pick--Station X! Discovered this through a friend and we also passed by it. We also kept seeing it in AirBnbs ie location is near Station X and we were wondering if it's a new station added after the rehabilitation lol. Station X is an amazing place for foodies because it is conveniently located at Hue Hotels, which by the way offers a day package so you can make use of their amenities. What caught my eye was Streetmarket because it looked like an extremely posh food court I probably wouldn't walk in if I were in Manila lol. But there weren't a lot of people so I figured I'd give it a try. 

THE PLACE
Station X's Streetmarket offers a wide variety of cuisines from Japanese to Italian to Filipino. The ordering system is also organized because you can just order at the stall of your choice and they'll have it delivered to your table hence not being limited to just one cuisine--very helpful for those who usually have picky eaters as companions. Service was also relatively fast and everything is conveniently delivered to your table. The place is also spacious if you're dining with a big group and they have really decent bathrooms. 

THE FOOD
We ordered from 2 separate stalls : Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and Percy's. We ordered the Chicken Salt Mac n' Cheese (P260.00), Tuna/Salmon Poke Bowl (P350.00) and Fresh Aklan Oysters 1/2 dozen (P290.00). The crispy chicken skin on top of the mac n' cheese was something new and I found the flavor combination amazing. The creaminess of the pasta complemented the saltinessof the chicken skin. The Poke bowl on the other hand was underwhelming, I don't know what happened along the way but the salmon and tuna appeared to be half cooked. I was expecting my poke bowl to have raw fish and I didn't quite get that.

Lastly, the fresh Aklan Oysters--for the price it wasn't so bad. Most beach front restaurants offer oysters at a wayyy higher price point with all the surge of tourists.  The oysters were pretty small but they tasted fresh and the vinegar dressing with herbs on top is the perfect finish. 

Would I come back? Definitely! I mean for the price and the comfort you get while dining, it ain't so bad. I mean yes you may not have a view of the beach but it's still refreshing to have your meal beside the pool of Hue Hotel. I'm also looking forward to trying all the other stalls because some of them were indisposed during my last visit. Have you tried Station X's Streetmarket? What was your favorite stall?
Budget : P1000 for 2 people
Open daily : 8AM - 11PM
Boracay Tambisaan Jetty Port Rd, Malay, Aklan


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget