Food Diary : Tuslob Buwa at Azul

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Do you guys watch The Best Ever Food Review Show? I do! I used to not like him because I thought he's just another white person banking off of views from developing countries but turns out he's more than that. Anyway, not here to promote him or his channel but I wanted to give an overview of his channel before diving in on my next topic. Y'all know I love exploring and discovering new cuisine which is why I was surprised because I've seen one of his episodes wherein he eats "Pork brains gravy" also known as Tuslob Buwa.

I watched the video thinking this might just be another one of the common street food we'd usually have but with a different name, and boy was I wrong. I went through all the nook and crannies of Cebu and paved my way over to Azul just to have a taste of this controversial dish!

Before you even wonder what the hell is Tuslob Buwa, don't cringe. It's just like any other street food you'd usually have like Kwek-Kwek or Isaw, it's just that this one is made of Pork brains. Pretty similar, yeah? Tuslob Buwa is a street food native to Cebu a street where diners dip puso (wrapped rice) in a simmering mixture of fat, pork liver, pig brain and intestines. So see, it's not all pork brains. I'd rather it be called brain gravy because it's closer to what it looks and tastes like! I won't say much on this blog but I've attached a vlog so I can be more graphic about it! Haha And yes, you have to do the cooking yourself! Just look at how much fun I've had. Enjoy!

AZUL
Budget : P250 for 2 people
Open daily for 24 hours
Taft Business Center, Gorordo Ave, Cebu City, 6000 Cebu
Azul Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget