Food Diary : Yasuragi Japanese Cuisine

Sunday, April 15, 2018

I was in Baguio a couple of months ago, just a few days in after the New Year to visit my sister. She's in Med School and we've barely seen each other last year which is why I try to come visit any chance I get. And even if we just finished celebrating the holidays that time, I sorely missed her so I decided to go. We also weren't able to spend Christmas together (just New year), because she was on duty, sigh. Med School IS HARD but I know she really wants this so I'm just here giving my all-out 200% support. Okay, just wanted to let that out before I begin talking about my new discovery 'cause I'm missing her yet again, huhu. 

Anyway, during my visit, I didn't intend on going to any touristy spot. I only had 3 things in mind: 1) Spend as much time with my sister 2) Go ukay ukay shopping 3) and go on a food adventure. I was able to do 1 and 2, but not 3--well, not effectively at least. I had a list of places I wanted to try but I actually ended up eating at this small carinderia I used to frequent when I was in college. For the 3 days that I was there, I was probably at DJG Eatery for about 5-6 times, lol. I figured the 3-day documentation part ain't going to happen but at least I have a few photos from Yasuragi that I can share with you guys! Shall we begin?

The Place
I was told that Yasuragi wasn't always located in Bonifacio. My sister told me that it used to be in La Trinidad, but we all know how that doesn't sound so accessible to everyone especially with Baguio's traffic conditions not getting any better because of all the new infrastructure (damn capitalists). But thankfully, the new location wasn't hard to find since it's just beside the road. It's also beside Romanelle Spa, which is also not hard to spot, since they have a huge tarpaulin in front. 

Parking isn't a problem because the place has ample space. The restaurant has a rustic vibe to it. Just like most cabin-type spots in Baguio, which I extremely love. The decor was lovely and the staff were all very attentive. I love it when the waiters/waitresses tell you which items on the menu aren't available on the menu before you go wracking your brains out on what to order, lol. Small things matter, people. 

The Food
During our visit, we had Shoyu Ramen (P200), California Maki (P130), Katsudon (P130), Chirashi (P280) and Vanilla Ice Cream with Coffee Jelly (P75). The prices are unbelievably affordable! I sort of lowered my expectations thinking at this price, food probably wouldn't taste as good. But boy, was I wrong. The Chirashi was awesome and authentic, the Katsudon was flavorful, the Maki was filling and I could go on. If there was one thing I wasn't entirely sold on, it would probably be the Ramen. I feel like the broth could have had more depth to it. But everything else, including the ice cream, were winners. 

Would I come back? Definitely! During my visit, I terribly wanted to try their Oysters but they weren't available that time. So, coming back for that. They also have Strawberry-topped Maki Rolls, sounds off but might just give that one a try also. I'll be updating this post since I plan to go back to Baguio on my birthday next month. Will keep you guys posted!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget