The Maginhawa Diaries | Artsy Café

Thursday, June 09, 2016

I haven’t had the chance to update my Maginhawa Diaries blog series in a while because going to the food strip has been taxing as of late. I only have the time to go to QC during the weekends since we can all agree that traffic is a bitch on weekdays. Whenever I do get a chance to dine at Maginhawa on a weekday, I don’t have my old and trusty camera with me. I know, I fail at documenting stuff I commit to. I’m trying to be better at this; but still thinking if I should invest on a mirrorless camera--for my to-go- gadget or a Macbook Pro—for better editing. But take my word when I say I’m really going the extra mile so I can be better at documenting the things I want to share with my intended audience.

Anyway, I used to love going to Maginhawa since you can just drive around and look for a place to eat. The cuisines are endless and the places are ingenious! This is exactly what we did after having dinner. We were driving around the block and saw this cute, homey café. We were craving for dessert so we decided to stop by and check the place out.

THE PLACE

Artsy Café is dainty restaurant that serves rice meals, pasta, sandwiches, coffee and desserts. The place has a homey vibe to it, and the outside seats give you that relaxing feeling of al fresco dining. Their walls are also decorated with creative artworks and their tables are filled with mini succulents. The only thing that can be improved with this restaurant, just like any other restaurant in Maginhawa, would be parking space. Not enough parking for the customers that can be seated. You also can’t just park anywhere since the area is a residential lot and most of the houses have ‘No parking’ signs put up in front of their houses.

THE FOOD

I’ve only managed to try their drinks and desserts because we already had dinner at the time we spotted the restaurant. We tried : Fish and Chips (P130), Chocolate Overload (P120), Tea Slush (P80)and Mint Calamansi (P70). I loved their Fish and Chips because of the serving size and the taste. The Chocolate cake was a tad too sweet for me. Both the Tea Slush and Mint Calamansi were refreshing! It’s amazing how the Calamansi felt like summer and winter at the same time. I hope that makes sense, lol!

More about Mahinhawa on my next posts! Despite the crowded streets and the lack of parking spaces, it’s still a melting pot of exciting and innovative cuisines. This is where I’ve actually tasted my first raindropcake! If you want to know where to find it, check out my Instagram! 
_____________________________________________________
ARTSY CAFE
Budget - P150 - 200 /person
(02) 434-9487 | 11 AM to 10 PM
36 Maginhawa Street, UP Village, Diliman, Quezon City
Artsy Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget