Food Diary : Seoulgyupsal Unlimited Korean Grill for P499!

Thursday, December 13, 2018

As an avid fan of Korean food, I'm always searching for the best Samgyeupsal places to visit. And while I have this place I always go to, which I haven't disclosed yet, I'm always on the lookout for something new worth trying. You can imagine how my Facebook, Instagram and Twitter feed would look like. All my ads are about food and this is how I knew about this place I'm writing about today. One hot afternoon I was looking at my friends' IG stories when this ad popped up. I usually hate ads but this one seemed particularly enticing. 

I mean I've been to several unlimited korean grills but none that offered Sashimi! And you all know how I am when it comes to Sashimi, lol. At P499, I thought it was a steal because you get Korean food plus Japanese food at a price most korean grills usually offer. I thought to myself, this is a steal. And so I went to that place the same day. Ah, the lengths I'd go for food. LOL. So, let's see if Seulgyupsal was worth all that effort. 


THE PLACE
I didn't have any intentions of doing a reservation but I went as early as I can. Dinner starts at 4PM and I was there at 4:19PM. There were already about 2 groups lined outside. I was asking if we had to write our names down but we were told there's no line, we just needed to wait a bit while our tables were being prepared. We waited for about 10 minutes before getting seated. If you're going at a later time, I would highly recommend that you get a reservation; however, I didn't see any phone number available on their Zomato page. 

The place was fairly comfortable. It can seat more or less 50 people, I think. Parking is also available in front of the building for free. 


THE FOOD
Okay, now on to the food. Everything is unlimited, as always. A few notable unlimited things : Cheese, Gyeran Jim (Steamed Egg), Japchae (Glass noodles) and Red iced tea! They also have 14 types of unlimited meat. Main categories would be chicken, beef and pork. The only difference you get is that some are spicy, some are herbed. I think it's also worth noting that not a lot of korean grills offer chicken so that's a plus. One pro tip I usually follow when eating at korean grills is that I always go after beef the most, I mean, it's the most expensive among the 3 so I will surely fill my tummy up with that. 

For the branch that we visited, I feel that they're understaffed. For some orders I had to follow up several times because we were already running out of meat to serve. I can see that they're obviously running around to give in to everyone's request so even if I wanted more side dish, I wouldn't ask for it unless I had to ask for something else; just so it's easier for them. So the technique would be, while you're still grilling, ask for your next set already so you can maximize your stay. I did ask for steamed eggs several times before finally being given one which was when were about to go already but it's all good because our experience overall was fairly pleasurable. 

For my favorite : Yangnum Beef and Woo Samgyup Beef would be my best bets for the meat. Don't forget the spicy tuna and tuna sashimi, so heavenly! I had low expectations for the sashimi but I was surprised because it was fresh and it was soooo good. And please please try their white garlic sauce, it's so good with everything! Even the tuna sashimi. I didn't even have to use soy sauce! I also enjoyed the cheese, although I think it's worth noting that it's cheese sauce and not pure cheese so it's not as creamy.  Would I go back? Find out on the vlog. Enjoy the video!

SEOULGYUPSAL
Budget : P1000 for 2 people
Open daily from 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Metrofocus Building, Tomas Morato Avenue, Kamuning, Quezon City
Seoulgyupsal Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget