Friday's 10 Happy Things | 1

Friday, September 04, 2015

I've been crazy busy the past few weeks and haven't really found the time to work on my back logs. I'm still in the process of rediscovering tools that will help my blogging life easier. I'm pretty sure there's a more efficient way to make this blog work to my advantage. Easier that what I'm doing right now, lol. Once I've finalized my tools, I'll be sharing them with you guys! Right now, I'm sort of stuck in creating templates, looking for the perfect font, and still trying to find the perfect theme that really encompasses all of me. 

Enough about all that insanity; Let's talk happy things! I've been seeing a lot of blog series lately such as The Sunday Currently, Life Lately, What I Ate Wednesdays and Workout Wednesdays to name a few. I've been wondering for quite some time now if I should join the band wagon as it will also help me be consistent in posting articles on my blog. I was leaning towards What I Ate Wednesdays but it dawned on me that my condo has the crappiest lighting in all of Metro Manila and given my busy schedule the past few days, I sometimes don't eat, so....nah. I first read about Friday's 10 Happy Things on Helga's blog and I remember feeling quite light-hearted after doing so. Obviously after a lot of thought and convincing, I decided to go with that blog series. Let's get started!

  1. Going to Balite Falls over the long weekend. They say the week starts on a Sunday right? So I bet this still counts. It was a fun and well-spent afternoon. Will be posting details about the trip soon!
  2. Being well-rested and recharged since I clocked in about 24hrs of extra sleep over the long weekend. I actually brought work with me but I didn't even touch it, lol. 
  3. I'm training a new batch of Engineers this week. My previous class was in February so I'm really happy about this. I've made a lot of new connections and already learned a lot in a span of 3 days. 
  4. My current class also had a 100% passing rate on their mid-term assessment. That's only possible because of 2 things: 1) I'm an awesome teacher 2) I have a bunch of wonderful and intelligent kiddies. 
  5. A previous work connection offered me a freelance job which is something I love doing. Yay to more money and side gigs! Mum about it for now, I don't want to jinx it! 
  6. I'm also happy that I finally found the template that I wan't. Bad news is, it's a paid template. Huhu Still contemplating if I'm willing to spend money for a template. 
  7. Rediscovering CSS! Since I don't want to spend (lol), I've been trying to code simple stuff like my widgets, hehe. I end up messing up stuff all the time but at least I'm learning!
  8. Team dinner with my boss and my team mate. Uhm, yes. There are only 3 people in our team which is why it's a treat if we get to squeeze a short meeting within the week despite our busy schedules!
  9. Catching up on my TV series! Last night, I finally had the time to watch the finale of Suits and True Detective! Both episodes took me on a roller coaster of messed up emotions but it's fine. Still love both shows!
  10. Thankful and happy that this week is finally over. As much as I had a lot of thinks to be grateful for, I was extremely swamped with work due to several projects running at the same time. I haven't been sleeping well which is why I'm glad I get to clock in more sleep this weekend, hehe. 
There you have it, my first Friday's 10 Happy Things. I hope I can be consistent in doing this because it does feel great to look at all the small things we should be happy about. It's also a good way of re-evaluating one's self. Here's to the weekend!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe

SnapWidget